A short summary of the healthy benefits of your coffee cups
In large studies (as i.e. by Tomas DePaulis, PhD, research scientist, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville) "coffee is far more beneficial than it is harmful," says Tomas DePaulis, which conducts its own research and tracks coffee studies around the globe. For most individuals, studies show that very little bad comes from drinking coffee, but a lot of good.
1) At least 6 studies (Leitzmann, M. The Journal of the American Medical Association, June 9, 1999, vol 281; pp 2106-2122) indicate that people who drink coffee on a regular basis have up to 80% lower risks of developing Parkinson's disease, with 3 of those studies indicating that the more coffee they drink, the lower the risk.
2) Other studies indicate that, compared to not drinking coffee, drinking at least 2 cups per day can lead to a 25% lower risk of colon cancer, an 80% drop in the risk of liver cirrhosis (especially alcoholic cirrhosis) and nearly 50% the risk of gallstones.
3) Some researchers believe another compound called "trigonelline" - which gives coffee its bitter taste and its aroma - may be responsible for giving coffee both anti-adhesive and antibacterial properties which help prevent dental cavities from forming in both men and women.
4) A prospective study as part of the US Nurses Health Study found that moderate consumption of coffee may lower the risk of type 2 diabetes in younger and middle aged women.
5) Coffee is rich in antioxidants like chlorogenic acid and melanoidins that prevent oxidation, a process that causes damage to cells and contributes to aging.
6) Caffeine is a well-known stimulant. Coffee promotes alertness and attention.
7) Coffee contains theophylline, an old asthma medication. Caffeine can open airways and improve asthma symptoms
8) Coffee lowers the risk of kidney stones formation, increasing the urine volume and preventing the crystallization of calcium oxalate, the most common component of the kidney stones.
Brief history of the "black drink"
The "black drink" more beloved
in the world is gotten by a plant of the family of the Rubiacees and
the kind Coffea that understands numerous kinds.
Only the kinds Arabica and Robusta have economic value and they are
cultivated in the principal coffee manufacturing Countries. COFFEA ARABICA:
qualitatively it is among the best coffees and it represents around
the 70% of the world production. The grains are small, of lengthened
form and flattened, of a beautiful green/blue color. Contrarily of the
Canephora Robusta, more resistant to the illnesses, the Arabic one is
a fragile plant that grows only in altitude. These characteristics are
at the base of its qualitative superiority: greater it is the altitude,
they mature anymore more slowly the fruits and so much the drink it
is rich of aromatic mixtures and of way of caffeine less elevated than
that of the Robusta one (1,1-1,7%). COFFEA CANEPHORA or ROBUSTA: the
Robusta one is a variety of the Coffea canephora but the definition
"Robusta" has entered in the common use to point out the varieties
of different coffee from the Arabic one. The grains are round from the
irregular central cut: the color is green/yellow, quantitatively allow
greater outputs and inferior quality slightly to the Arabic one, in
comparison to which it has a more rapid growth and a more elevated content
of caffeine (2 - 4,5%). The Robusta quality represents around a quarter
of the world production and the production is assembled especially in
the African continent.
From the mature fruits (in slang "cherries") green coffee
prepares him with a series of procedures aimed to separate the grains
from the fruit that it winds them and to dry them to allow the maintenance
and the following roaster. Two methods exist for the preparation of
the raw coffee: for by shoal, for by damp. The coffee gotten for by
shoal natural coffee is denominated, while that gotten for by damp washed
coffee is denominated. The stimulating effects of the caffeine-the principal
present alkaloid in the coffee-they have been being known for a long
time and it has been verified that the substance is not dangerous for
the health, unless is not assumed to very elevated doses. On the contrary,
the medical science has not put never in discussion the therapeutic
value of the caffeine, to which recent studies have recognized various
healthy benefits (for more information: scientific
The Robusta quality contains a greater percentage of caffeine in comparison
to the Arabic one (2-4,5% against 1,1-1,7%). In the Fitness Caffè®
we use a mixture with the maximum percentage of Arabic and a small percentage
of Strong (necessary to give more tone and body to the final beverage):
the content of caffeine therefore is ideal to exalt the salutary properties
and the superior taste of the drink that is really unique and innovative.
The best method to brew the Fitness Coffee is the italian style Espresso,
it is this in fact the method of extraction that produces coffee with
the lowest percentage of caffeine, because the little quantity of water
used for the preparation quickly passes through the mixture, freeing
a low quantity of the substance but also the whole harmonic and splendid
"bouquet" of the sixteen medicinal herbs and spices (for other methods see: preparation of Fitness Coffee
The best coffee "cru" (more in Espresso Prima Classe™ Website)
Here are listed some "cru" of the best coffee origins.
Jamaica Blue Mountain: considered worldwide the top cru, very sweet,
aromatic, pleasantly acid and from the sign of chocolate, is the most expensive
Coast Rica Tarrazu, Tres Rios: here a good body and a harmonic
aroma are melted, sour and rather strong coffee in their essence.
Guatemala: regions of Antigua and Coban are origins of this magnificent
and complete "cru", spiced or yielded or to the taste of cocoa,
acids and often strong.
Kenya AA: the "cru" more yielded and acid that exists,
to taste pure for an intense coffee, unique, alternative.
Ethiopia Limu: one of the three extraordinary Moka washed of
Ethiopia, the coffee with the lowest percentage of caffeine to the world,
together sweet and rich in aroma.
Ethiopia Sidamo: a good Moka washed of Ethiopia with small grains,
sweet, with floral aroma, slightly acid. very poor in caffeine.
Sigri New Guinea: one of the best coffees worldwide, it is born
by the plants of Blue Mountain, it gives a complete cup, rich in body
and in aroma, sweet, from the balanced acidity and from the sign of
Colombia Medellin Supreme: the best denomination from Colombia
from which a sweet and perfumed coffee can be brewed.